"Committed to Building a Tradition of Excellence for its Students and Community"
BLHS, through high expectations and a rigorous and relevant curriculum, will work together with the community to ensure each student will: *Become responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings. *Maintain a positive lifestyle and accept responsibility for one's actions and successes *Develop and use effective communication skills. *Be provided with a safe and supportive learning environment through communication and cooperation with the community. *Incorporate acquired knowledge while continuing to empower themselves to achieve challenging goals.
Members of the Basehor-Linwood High School Community value:
- Respect-We hold the utmost level of regard for ourselves and those around us.
- Character-We believe that what we say and do defines who we are.
- Integrity-We observe a code of moral strength and consistency.
- Responsibility- We are accountable for our own choices.
- Leadership- We conduct ourselves as role models for everyone around us.
- Perseverance- We remain focused on our goals despite obstacles or adversity.
- Compassion- We show kindness and concern for everyone around us regardless of our differences.
- Academic Excellence- We believe that everyone is responsible for upholding a high standard of academic achievement.