Click the link to stream our
current and recent broadcasts.
Click the link to follow Basehor-Linwood and all the KVL Teams at kawvalleyleague.org
The Kansas Legislature has enacted the School Sports Head Injury Prevention Act effective July 1, 2011.View more...
New announcements coming soon.
- Basehor Sentinal Article - BLHS Junior and YouthFriends Mentor
- Basehor Sentinal Article - KCTV5 'Cool School
- Basehor Sentinal Article - Hundreds rise early to show support at BLHS KCTV5 broadcast
- We WELCOME YOU... to DISCOVER THE WORLD OF MENTORING!
Formerly known as YouthFriends since 1999, the name has been changed to Basehor-Linwood Mentors in 2013, and our mission is the same. We want to make a difference for all USD 458 students.
Basehor Linwood USD 458 has a unique district mentoring program in which we ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD to work with an adult Mentor, or a Basehor Linwood High School junior or senior "Care Cat". This same program embraces YOU as a Mentor tutoring with children in USD 458 classrooms from preschool to grade 12 throughout any of the USD 458 schools.
We embrace your volunteer service within our schools, and it is with this in mind that we created the safest possible environment for our students. That's why if you would like to volunteer in the classroom, regardless of placement or assignment, you need to complete an application for screening. Volunteers who are in the building solely for classroom parties and one-time opportunities do not need to sign up for Basehor-Linwood Mentors.
Each adult Mentor is carefully screened, complete with background check before training/orientation, placement, and district identification badges assigned. Rescreening occurs every five years of service. Each high school volunteer is a trained member of our "Care Cats". This is an actual class (worth .5 credit per semester) devoted to mentoring as a community service. Volunteer hours can go toward earning National Points of Light certification with the President's Volunteer award, career/community recommendations, commencement honors, and college service requirements. Juniors and Seniors are encouraged to serve 4 semesters or 4 blocks over a 2 year service. PLACEMENT occurs only AFTER confirmation with teacher and/or principal. Tutors/mentors are not available over the summer months, but available when school resumes. Returning Mentors and CareCats are placed first upon school resuming in the fall and spring semesters.
For application, or information, please contact Tammy Potts, district coordinator, 913-724-1727 ext. 111 or emailtpotts AT usd458 DOT org
Check us out on Facebook, and please LIKE our page: Basehor-Linwood Mentors
Sherry Reeves, Principal
Joe Keeler, Assistant Principal, Athletic Director
Jarred Fuhrman, Assistant Principal
Nancy Silverforb, Counselor
Deb Zumwalt, Counselor
Basehor-Linwood High School
2108 N. 155th St., PO Box 255, Basehor, KS 66007
Phone: 913-724-2266, Fax: 913-724-2040
Attendance Line: 913-724-2314
Hours: 7:40 AM - 2:45 PM
"Committed to Building a Tradition of Excellence
for its Students and Community"
Bobcat Invitational Basketball Tournament
January 19th - 25th
January is Board of Education Appreciation MonthView more...
"Committed to Building a Tradition of Excellence for its Students and Community"
BLHS, through high expectations and a rigorous and relevant curriculum, will work together with the community to ensure each student will: *Become responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings. *Maintain a positive lifestyle and accept responsibility for one's actions and successes *Develop and use effective communication skills. *Be provided with a safe and supportive learning environment through communication and cooperation with the community. *Incorporate acquired knowledge while continuing to empower themselves to achieve challenging goals.
Members of the Basehor-Linwood High School Community value:
- Respect-We hold the utmost level of regard for ourselves and those around us.
- Character-We believe that what we say and do defines who we are.
- Integrity-We observe a code of moral strength and consistency.
- Responsibility- We are accountable for our own choices.
- Leadership- We conduct ourselves as role models for everyone around us.
- Perseverance- We remain focused on our goals despite obstacles or adversity.
- Compassion- We show kindness and concern for everyone around us regardless of our differences.
- Academic Excellence- We believe that everyone is responsible for upholding a high standard of academic achievement.
Basehor Linwood High School does not tolerate Bullying. Please report to an administrator or counselor if there is evidence of bullying. Below is the definition of bullying and a hotline that a person may call for help.
Bullying (KSA 72-6407)
Bullying means: (A) Any intentional gesture or any intentional written, verbal,electronic or physical act or threat that is sufficiently severe, persistent orpervasive that creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educationalenvironment for a student or staff member that a reasonable person, under thecircumstances, knows or should know will have the effect of:Harming a student or staff member, whether physically or mentally;ii. Damaging a studentʼs or staff memberʼs property:iii. Placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of harm to the student orstaff member; oriv. Placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of damage to thestudentʼs or staff memberʼs property
- 01/26/15 5:15 PM - FB Basketball Tournament v. Leavenworth @ Lansing
- 01/26/15 3:45 PM - FG Basketball Tournament @ Tonganoxie
- 01/28/15 FB Basketball Tournament @ Lansing
- 01/28/15 FG Basketball Tournament@ Tonganoxie
- 01/29/15 10:43 AM - StuCo Advisory Meeting
- 01/30/15 4:00 PM - FG/FB/JVB/JVB/VG/VB Basektball @ DeSoto
- 01/31/15 9:00 AM - Wrestling @ Baldwin
- 01/31/15 FB Basketball Tournament @ Lansing
- 01/31/15 FG Basketball Tournament @ Tonganoxie
- 02/07/15 Courtwarming Dance
- 02/12/15 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 02/13/15 NO SCHOOL
- 02/16/15 Teacher Inservice - NO SCHOOL
Click the Peachjar button to view all flyers for Basehor-Linwood High School.
Accident Insurance for Students in Athletics and School Sponsored ActivitiesView more...